If you’re just now being introduced to the art and science of pitching or you’re the seasoned college coach…I’m going to challenge you to question some of the stuff you’re actually teaching.
I’m betting, a lot of it doesn’t make sense when you really start to think about it.
Let’s start with:
1. Standing over your pitcher inside the bullpen shouting out mechanical tips…”Ever noticed how easy it was to keep the car in between the lines with your mother-in-law complaining from the back seat…”You’re going to get us killed.” (Try that and see how much enjoyment you get.)
2. Believed that long-toss increases velocity? What if you were throwing long-toss from foul pole to foul pole and just as let you let it fly…with 100% max effort-A bald eagle swoops down and grabs the ball?
You look up and realize the Eagle caught it just 15 feet from where you let it go…Whats that tell you about distance?
3. Stressed to your players the importance of tubing exercises and immediately after pointed out that he’s not rotating his hips or finishing through the ball….Maybe it’s because he spends 15 minutes a day training his entire body to work in a straight line?
Or maybe, the double tubing exercises he’s performing train his body to look like he’s bobbing for apples….And then you refer to it as “functional”? (Yeah, if you’re a frat guy.)
4. Told that long-toss changes your mechanics and its bad for your arm? You’re right, every pitch you make is going to require the same mechanics….But for some reason the same ASMI that promotes video analysis-also tells us that NOT ONE pitcher from Nolan Ryan down to the 8-9 year olds they test….
Has ever repeated their mechanics. Not once! So, make sure you don’t long toss, I’d hate it if you can’t repeat your mechanics.
5. Demanded that your pitchers follow your throwing program, the one laid out step by step and it’s the same for everyone. The one that marks off the distance and gives you specific times to throw from specific distances.
And then you make the comment that every one is different, that no two pitchers are alike?
Or maybe, you just believe it’s Ground Hog’s Day every day and for some reason or another…everyone of your pitchers wake up feeling the same every single day and whatever worked for YOU….will miraculously work for them?
Well, those are my thoughts for the day.
If you’re ready to learn how to customize a 100% individualized throwing program…
Here’s what you need to do next-Click the link below and invest $19.
Trust what you FEEL,
P.S: If this program isn’t worth 3x the price…I”ll let you keep it for FREE. Just shoot me an email.