Are you interested in participating in a free velocity study along side entire staff and list of MLB clients?
Cool. Before you go straight to the bottom of the page to apply, make sure you read this post in its entirety.
Here’s what its about.
Five years ago, almost to the date, I was researching better ways to develop efficient, safe velocity. My research led me to some very interesting principles applied to Olympic athletes.
And that’s when the idea hit me.
This idea changed it all for me. Better yet – it changed it for every single one of my clients and its what I attribute to the elite velocity gains we’ve experienced. But – What I’m most excited about is…
Its allowed my athletes to gain velocity without losing a feel for the strike zone.
In fact – not only did their velocity increase, so did their ability to throw consistent strikes. Which, also led to increased in confidence and consistency. (More on that later.) Basically, this covert velocity program revolves around how the body recruits fast-twitch muscle fibers and how they are applied inside the pitching process.
It also explains…
- Why smaller, shorter pitchers have a ‘velocity’ advantage over taller guys…
- Why some kids can quickly gain velocity, while others can’t. (What’s interesting it pertains to emotions and methods of learning.)
The idea actually hit me while coaching college baseball. That year, I had a staff filled with under-sized pitchers…
But – eleven of them threw the ball 90 mph plus.
Earlier that summer, I had Sonny Gray.
And that’s where the seed was actually planted. Anyways – I’ll fill you in on all the details about what I discovered later. In fact – I’ll also share why we never use weighted balls, nor long toss, to train velocity. (We don’t use tubing exercises either because they can actually ruin your mechanics.)
Here’s what you need to know right now and it will all make sense.
- Your velocity is dependent upon your ability to efficiently use your entire body, plus several other variables we’ll discuss in length, at a later time. (Keep your eyes open for this)
- But – most programs focus solely on arm strength and they never consider the importance of commanding the strike zone.
Even worse –
I’ve yet to see a velocity program consider three of the most important variable which highly correlate to not only velocity, but overall emotional and mental health. (Powerful stuff!)
To be honest…
99% of velocity programs focus on one of the least important aspects of velocity….
This alone, is one of the reasons why so many pitchers:
- Struggle to throw strikes…
- End up getting injured…
And – leads to the frustration that comes with sitting the bench, while other less talented players, get all the innings on the mound.
Think about it.
If arm strength was the missing ingredient, wouldn’t everyone throw 90 mph, safely?
After all, arm strength is super simple to develop and can be developed in a matter of weeks. So, its safe to say, arm strength isn’t the reason you struggle with velocity.
Over the years, I’ve noticed a phenomena occurring that didn’t’ make sense. I actually noticed it with my little boy while he was throwing a ball up against a wall. Naturally, I wanted to know how I could re-create this phenomena and apply it to my MLB clients.
So, I reached out to Dr. Allen Sills.
Dr. Sills is the Director of Neurosurgery at Vanderbilt Medical Center. Dr. Sills is a world-renown brain surgeon and to have him by my side, makes it feel like I’m cheating. Literally.
Anyways – I explained in detail what I was seeing and he instantly started smiling and made the comment, ‘Interesting.”
What did that mean? Was it good? Bad?
He explained how this is an everyday occurrence and its how the body makes decisions, develops motor skills and creates learned association for specific tasks. So, I asked if it could apply to pitching. Without pausing,
“Absolutley, all you would need to do is….” (I can’t tell you that, not yet anyways.)
Fast forward to this email.
Since that fateful day, here’s what we’ve discovered so far. Over the next two weeks, we will randomly choose ten participants to take part in this groundbreaking velocity research study. (I’ll show you how to throw your name in the hat, in just a minute.)
Here’s what we’ve learned so far:
* How your wife’s perfume can increase your velocity. (It’s actually a way to trick your brain into forgetting old habits that have made it impossible for you to gain velocity.)
* Why it’s physiologically impossible for weighted balls to increase your arm strength. (This alone will force you to change your thoughts on velocity training.)
* The sure-fire way to increase your velocity, while reducing the stress on your arm, just by learning how and when to breathe. (During our studies we’ve seen jumps of 2.1 mph after one throw!)
* The 7 pitching drills and exercises that will fast-track you to the Emergency Room…But – Are extremely popular. (Chances are, you’ve performed at least two of them this week!)
* How to over-ride and short circuit your ‘Fight or Flight Response’ to eliminate mental meltdowns and instantly throw more strikes, on the spot.
* Why the sound of a ‘popping mitt’ scientifically increases your velocity… And – It’s the best way I’ve found to fix any command issue, even for those pitchers whom don’t come close to the zone right now.
* The fastest way humanly possible to learn any new pitch, or master one you’re struggling with… Simply by counting backwards and wearing something you’d find under the kitchen sink.
* The science behind ‘Slo-Mo Muscle Memory’training and how it’s the fastest, most effective
way scientifically possible to ingrain velocity-charged mechanics, almost overnight.
Pretty cool stuff, huh?
And that’s just scratching the surface. It doesn’t even mention what we’ve already known and kept hidden from the baseball world.
Now – Here’s how it all applies to you.
Like I said…We will be choosing 10 lucky participants, at random, to take part in this study. Based on a comment made by one of the researchers, we’ve decided to name this study…
“Bio-Hacking The Velocity Code”
Before I tell you how you can easily apply to participate. Read this first.
- To qualify, you must meet strict requirements and its 100% mandatory, that you sign a confidentiality agreement agreeing not to share the information revealed with anyone, not even your grandmother.
- The participants will range from the ages of 8 years old through 30.
Trust what you FEEL!
P.S: If you qualify and are selected, it’s 100% mandatory that you complete all non-disclosure paper work before starting. If selected and you fail to complete paperwork in a timely manner, you will not be allowed to join.