Are you making these common velocity – strike Mistakes?
Gaining velocity and throwing strikes can be elementary easy, as long as you’ve created a training environment that stimulates the brain and nervous system.
Let’s be perfectly honest.
You don’t need a weighted ball program to gain velocity. Weighted balls can be very useful but they’re the last piece velocity puzzle.
When it comes to throwing consistent strikes, it really has nothing to do with your pitching mechanics.
But – it seems most folks don’t really know where to start. Everything you read tells you to do something entirely different. And I’ll be honest, after doing this ‘pitching thing’ for so long, I’ve learned how NOT to do it.
Every pitcher is totally different.
Here’s all you need to know.
#1. Until a pitcher can FEEL the difference between a ball and a strike, he will never throw strikes.
That’s why we train outside the box to enhance our FEEL and its also why our Number #1 rule is…
- We spend time throwing with our eyes closed to enhance the FEEL…
- We focus on different fingers…
- And we play musical chairs.
The results have been mind-blowing effective and its the reason why our guys velocity and strike percentage climb…
While others are forced to choose between gaining velocity and throwing strikes.
#2. If you want to obtain higher velocity on the mound, arm strength isn’t the answer.
Velocity is gained by connecting the entire energy system to the arm at release of the ball. If it were just about arm strength, wouldn’t your strongest players be your highest velocity pitchers?
Wouldn’t every outfielder be your hardest throwers?
But, we both know that’s not true. Why?
- Until a pitcher can effectively create and generate momentum from the center part of their body, they will never safely and consistently throw harder.
- Plus – they will have no chance of throwing strikes.
Instead they will break down and force the arm to take a beating.
- The secret is learning to effectively use their hips to take the stress off the arm, not the legs.
- It’s the hips, not the legs, that force the arm to move faster… I call it ‘on the spot’ arm speed because you could generate more arm speed right now.
- Once a pitcher learns how to effectively manipulate the center of their body, the difference in velocity and mechanics is like daylight and dark.
It works like this:
The center part of your body is your movement command center. Its impossible for you to take a step without the center part of your body. It’s impossible for you to change directions. Move the center part of your body faster…
And You Give Your Arm No Choice But To Keep Up Or Get Left Behind
(The body has built in security measures to prevent that, instead it sends a signal for your arm to take the shortest, most efficient path to release…. This means more velocity to you with less stress on your arm.)
The best part is –
We never attempt to take away from your individual strengths. I’ve found that pitchers that are constantly analyzing their mechanics, instead of FEELing the, struggle with the strike zone. That’s why we use The Core Velocity Belt daily as our Number #1 velocity tool.
The Core Velocity Belt has been proven time and time again, to be the most effective tool at changing mechanics, without thinking about changing mechanics. Throughout our testing…
We’ve proven that 100% of all test subjects using The Belt while throwing from the mound, saw an immediate decrease in arm stress.
What’s that mean to you?
You can spend twice as much time pitching from the mound, with less stress on the arm. And that’s just another reason why our guys see spikes in velocity and strike percentage.
#3: We never use surgical tubing for arm care.
In fact – using double tubing exercises during your warm-up DE-trains the hips.
Think about it.
- Whenever using double-tubing exercises you’re only allowing your body to move in a straight line.
- There’s no way to train rotation.
- What happens is these straight line movements spill over into your mechanics and end up causing undue stress on the backside of your shoulder and kill your chances for higher velocity.
- Instead, they force you to generate your velocity using only your arm. Not good.
Well, that’s it for today.
Hopefully, you have a better idea of what we do behind the scene and a better understanding why so many of the top college programs use our methods of training to develop velocity, without losing a FEEL for the strike zone.
It’s just proof, you should never choose between throwing strikes and training velocity. Both can be accomplished as long as you’ve created a training environment that trains you to be successful.
It’s really easy and I can help if you want me to.
In fact –
If you want me to layout your entire velocity-training program for the off-season, I will. If you want to get your hands on the exact same program, that’s tailored 100% to your individual needs, you will. But –
Here’s a word of warning: this material will challenge you in ways you don’t expect.
From the first exercise to your first throw from the mound…
- You will have a proven scientific plan, used by million dollar arms…
- You’ll have a coach there at all times…
- Because I’ll personally walk you through every single step…
- And best of all – Show you how to pull the whole thing off in 90 days or less.
When you’re done, you’ll have everything you need to see results, get the attention you deserve and dominate hitters once the season rolls around.
Best of all-
You won’t be looking back 20 years from now, wondering what you should have done differently. Instead, 3 months from now you’ll step on the rubber a with a higher ability level and everyone in the park will wonder how you got there.
The only thing you’ve got to promise is, you’ll keep our training secrets, a secret.
That’s why everyone that enters the program will have to sign a confidentiality agreement.
I’ll tell you more later, because the program will be released very soon. Just keep your eyes open and ready to pounce on this offer, because I won’t be able to let everyone through the doors.
Space will be limited… Apply Now by clicking the link below.
Trust what you FEEL,
P.S: If you skimmed this article, here’s what you missed:
1. I’ll be opening the doors and custom creating your very own 3 month off-season velocity training program.
2. If you’re interested in learning more and making sure you get first chance to join before the space fills up…
Click the link below to apply: